Monday, March 24, 2014

Strawberry Bars




These are similar to lemon bars but made with strawberry puree instead. I did add a little lemon zest to brighten them up a bit but the lemon flavor wasn't prevalent. These strawberry bars have a natural pink color to them. Food coloring was optional but I left it out. It is more like a mauve. The only thing I didn't like about these bars were that they were moist after baking but wet after refrigerating them.
 I sprinkled powdered sugar on them and it immediately melted leaving a bumpy texture which I didn't like. The bars tasted o.k. They were creamy and not too sweet. The crust on the bottom was a shortbread cookie recipe. The filling was strawberry puree sweetened with condensed milk. The strawberry on top added a little bit of freshness.

No comments:

Post a Comment