Thursday, January 16, 2014

Spicy Brownies



Sometimes I crave chocolate so bad that a few squares of dark chocolate just won't satisfy. A few nights ago I was tired. I didn't feel like baking but then suddenly I turned into a raging chocoholic. I dug through by cookbooks in a frenzy and found a recipe I had printed out from one of the Baked recipe books I had borrowed from the library last summer. I was inspired and full of energy. I whipped up a batch of these fudgy brownies and ate one before bed, falling into a satisfied slumber.

These brownies are super fudgy. I pulled them out of the oven when there were moist crumbs clinging to the toothpick. They are super dense and rich. Not for those of you on a diet. There is a quarter teaspoon of cayenne since I didn't have ancho powder. It adds a little kick at the end. Cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and powdered ginger all add a little spice to it as well. This is one of my favorite brownie recipes of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment