Sunday, December 30, 2012

Chocolate Truffles and Rum Balls





Here are a few pics from my chocolate endeavors. At the top are an assortment of rum balls (the ones with the jimmies), molded chocolate truffles and hand dipped truffles. The second picture is a commission I did. All the truffles are made using molds and the fillings are either white, dark, or mint chocolate ganache. The third picture is a bowl of dark chocolate ganache as I was scooping it out and rolling it into balls. And the fourth picture shows the different ganache fillings waiting to be dipped in tempered chocolate.

It was the last Treat of the Week at DD and I thought August's work office might like a little rum in their chocolates to kick off the holiday season.   I mixed in a few tablespoons of rum into a batch of ganache. Then I stirred in some chocolate cake crumbs (they were in the freezer leftover from the cake pops), rolled them into balls and rolled them in jimmies of all colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment